• October 4Mary Catherine Collins crowned 2018 Homecoming Queen

• May 24Congratulations Class of 2017

• February 13Congratulations to the Girls Basketball team for winning area championships

Trumbauer students succeed at competition

Becky Wolf

Twenty-one students attended the State Trumbauer Acting Festival. The competition was held at Troy University.

Ten of the twenty-one students won a Superior medal. Three won an Excellence award while a couple finished 3rd place in their categories.

In the Solo Female Dramatic Contemporary Novice category, freshmen, Ashli F. and Gillian A. were the only ones from Helena to receive this award. Freshman, Ivy M. competed in the Solo Classical Female Dramatic Novice category. Sophomore, Andrea A. was recognized in the Solo Female Dramatic Contemporary Varsity category. All four of the girls received a Superior Rating.

Seniors, Jordan C. and senior Isaiah D., competed in the Solo Male Dramatic Contemporary Novice category and received Superior Rating. Junior, Jacob W., received an Excellent Rating in the Solo Male Contemporary Comedic Novice category.

Freshmen, Katie G. and Reed D., did a duet in the Duet Acting Contemporary Dramatic Novice category. They’re performance won an Excellence Rating. Ashli F., 9, and Andrew B., 11, received 3rd place with their performance in the Duet Acting Contemporary Dramatic Novice category.

When asked what her favorite thing about the entire experience of Trumbauer, Freshman Katie G. replied with, “ I thought that going around and watching everyone perform was really cool.”